If you're like me, when summer rolls around, I always start thinking how I can be the healthiest version of myself.
There is something about the summer veggies, the sunshine, and the weather that motivates me!
But, I hear all the time from my clients that they want to be healthier but have no idea where to start.
With that being said, I'm excited to share with you my top three tips to kickstart your health and get into your best summer self!
1. Eat an early dinner and don't snack after that! If I eat early and am hungry before bed, I'll make a glass of chammomille tea. It's soothing, relaxing, and curbs my appetite.
2. Cut processed sugar. Sugar is the enemy of health. It's inflammatory, spikes your blood sugar causing weight gain, and is even a root cause of depression.. If you crave sugar, try to eat natural sugars like berries, oranges, bananas, etc.
3. Drink an adequate amount of water. You should try to drink between .5 oz to 1 oz for each pound you weigh. So if you weigh 120 pounds, that is 60-120 oz of water a day.
4. Make it a priority to exercise for 30 mins 3-5 times a week. Even if it's just taking a walk in the neighborhood, do it. Your body was made to move.
5. Increase veggie intake. It's so much easier in the summer with all the yummy veggies from farmers markets! I try to eat a salad everyday for lunch and cooked veggies and protein for dinner. Vegetables contain everything we need for a balanced and healthy body.
Try to implement these 5 tips and see just how good you feel.
I hope this inspires you and gives you some attainable steps to jumpstart your health!