Tips for Preventing a Hangover
Last week we talked about all things wine. 🍷
I don't know about you, but I learned so much from Christina!
Sooooo- This week I'm going to share with you about my fave hack to cure / reduce and even prevent hangover symptoms!
My girlfriends said I needed to share this on the blog, so here it goes!
*Disclaimer, this is my personal routine and opinion, it's probably not super scientific.
Nonetheless, it works for me and I'm sure it can work for you!
To make things simple- alcohol is hard on your liver. And your stomach.
With these supplements/water, you'll have all the support you need to detox that alcohol and feel like yourself the next day!
- Take 1 NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
- Supports the liver and increases the body’s production of the glutathione, a powerful antioxidant.
- It breaks down acetaldehyde, the toxin that causes those awful hangovers!
- Take 30 mins before drinking.
Right before bed:
- Chug chug chug. Drink a full glass before you fall asleep and put a glass (or two) by the bed so if you wake up, you have it there!
- Hydration is key to overcoming the negative effects of alcohol.
- Milk thistle
- A powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that helps to cleanse and detox the body by supporting liver function. The golden ticket.
- I take it even if I've only had half a glass of wine.
- All the rage for a reason. It absorbs toxins in your system and removes them through digestive tract.
- Reduces bloating & decreases inflammation.
- Make sure you take it alone because it will absorb anything you take with it! I typically take milk thistle while I'm getting ready for bed and charcoal and hour later right before I fall asleep.
- Sleep in - 8 hours or more!
- Milk thistle with breakfast
- Coffee + lots of water all day long
I hope these tips help you to enjoy a glass or two of wine guilt free!!